Beschreibung Vermieter/HausverwaltungMs Junesch is a problematic landlady. I will tell my experience with her (she kept 500 euros of my deposit without justifying it), but I also wanted to mention that I am in contact with another ex-tenant of hers and Ms Junesch kept also 950 euros of the deposit of this tenant, also without enough reasons. My case is the following:
- I moved to Ms Junesch's furnished apartment and there were fungus on the walls of the bathroom (also a little bit in the living room but not so much). Especially close to the shower and close to the window, but only on the exterior walls (i.e. the walls towards the street, not on the walls towards the other rooms of the house). This points at a problem with the thermal isolation of those walls. She came to the apartment when I moved in, in order to give me some "instructions" (using the heating, washing machine, keys, etc.). When we entered the bathroom, she said "after each shower, you have to open the window, otherwise, this happens" and pointed at the fungus on the walls. When she left that day, I took pictures of the whole apartment including, of course, the fungus.
- Everything was fine for one year. Things worked, there were no problems with the apartment, so I didn't have to contact her. So after one year, I decided to extend the contract for another year. As soon as I signed the extension of the contract, problems started.
- First, she wanted to visit the apartment, which was fine for me. When she did, and entered the bathroom she told me "you should remove the fungus, they are very bad for the health" (which I didn't know). There was nothing else problematic with the apartment, so she left.
- So far, she had always been friendly and reasonable, therefore I extended the contract. But a week later, she sent me a nasty letter demanding that I had to clean the fungus immediately and she gave me a deadline of 15 days. If they had not been removed in 15 days, she would take the money from my deposit, so she said. The fungus had very slightly spread with respect to how they were when I moved in (I had the pictures to compare), but she insisted that there were no fungus when I moved in and the fungus were my fault, so I had to clean them, according to her. I went to the "tenant association" (Mieterschutzverein) to get legal advice. And they helped me write a letter were I told her that the fungus were always there, they were a problem of the building itself and therefore I didn't have any responsibility to clean them. After my letter, Ms Junesch never mentioned the fungus problem in that year. Eventually (not within 15 days), I cleaned the fungus on the walls with bleach, because I read about the problems they can have on health. But between the tiles and on the silicone of the shower there were fungus that I was simply not able to remove. At this point, the bathroom looked infinitely better than the day I moved in, with negligible evidence of fungus.
- After one year, I decided to move out. And 6 months after I moved out, she reimbursed me my deposit except for 650 euros, that she kept, claiming that there were fungus in the silicone of the shower and it was because I didn't ventilate the bathroom properly. Apparently she expected me to keep the window of the bathroom open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, no matter what. I went again to the Mieterschutzverein many times during the next 6 months and we exchanged at least 10 letters with her and her lawyers, where I claimed my money back and she refused to pay it. Her letters were full of contradictions about why to keep the deposit, inconsistent numbers in each letter, etc. Of course. She was making everything up. Even if she had been right about the fungus, replacing a few silicone bands in the shower does not cost 650 euros. After those 6 months she returned 150 euros, but she still kept 500.
- I decided to sue her and claim the 500 euros back, since I had photos of the day I moved in, and the day I moved out. But even if I had not had photos, it was very clear that the fungus were a problem of the building and not due to a bad ventilation from my side. So I never really needed to use the photos. So I went to a lawyer and sued her. A couple of months later, she said she didn't want to go to court and therefore she offered me to return half of the money (250 euros). I did not accept the offer and told her the 500 euros were mine. A month later, her lawyer told me she didn't want a trial, she wanted to solve the problem as soon as possible (after almost 10 months!), and that she was going to return the 500 euros.
- In the end, she gave me my 500 euros back, and paid my legal expenses (more than 200 euros of lawyers and administrative legal costs).
So beware: Ms Junesch tries to take advantage of her tenants. She tries to make the tenants responsible for things they are not responsible of. She keeps their deposit systematically without justification. And only returns it after a lawsuit, which, I believe, doesn't happen very often, otherwise, she would have stopped doing it by now. And as I said, this story is repeating itself these days with another tenant of her that I know.
My advice: Take pictures of the whole apartment when you move in and out. You most likely will need them one day.
Note: The building is being renovated these days after a fire, but the landlady will stay the same.
Preis- und LageinformationThe location is wonderful. Only reason to live there.
Für Fairmieter: Stellungnahme abgeben
Sie sind Vermieter der Mietwohnung oder Kundenbetreuer der zuständigen Hausverlwaltung?
Wir empfehlen Ihnen auf Bewertungen zu reagieren, eine Stellungnahme zur betreffenden Bewertung abzugeben und Ihre Sicht zu schildern. Tragen Sie so zur Klärung des Sachverhalts bei. Die Stellungnahme wird dann entsprechend, für jedermann sichtbar, unter der Bewertung veröffentlicht.
Ein gut betreuter, zufriedener Mieter = ein glücklicher Vermieter.
- Zustand des Hauses
- Allgemeine Sauberkeit
- Atmosphäre / Einrichtung
Service der Hausverwaltung
- Kompetenz (Reklamation)
- Rasche Mängelbeseitigung
- Preis-/ Leistungsverhältnis
Lage & Umgebung
- Restaurants & Bars
- Geringe Lärmbelästigung